Partner Families Criteria
1. Your family is in need of a decent home.
Maybe the current house your family is living in has major structural problems. Perhaps you're renting and there is not enough room for you and your family.
2. You have the ability to pay a $300 - $500 mortgage
3. Your family will put in 500 hours of "sweat equity" into the building of your new home.
Habitat for Humanity houses are built with the help of corps of volunteers--this includes your family. You must agree to put in 500 hours of work on your new home. Whatever you do is dependent upon your skills and health.
4. You have reasonably good credit history.
Owning a home is a very long-term commitment. You must have a history of fiscal responsibility before undertaking this commitment.
5. You must live in the Armstrong County area.
There are many Habitat affiliates in the world, and we respect each other's territory. If you live outside the Armstrong County area, please find a Habitat affiliate that is closer to the area in which you would like to live.
If you have problems opening this link, please right click the link and choose "Save Link As..." (if using Firefox) or "Save Target As..." (if using Internet Explorer).